Monday, December 20, 2010

LONG TIME NO CLIMB



steady does it Izet!!


My kids were reminding me "ibu, the school hols is almost over and we havent done anything" Ooops....we'd planned on going wall climbing, horse riding, ice skating, playing tennis ...... etc etc etc

So without further ado, I got everyone out of bed early last Sunday (it was already after 1 pm) Izet my 13 yr old daughter going on 30, reluctantly got ready. Is, my 18 yr old son who just cropped his long hair for a crew cut, didnt want to go initially - he felt naked without his usually heavy mane probably :) Ricardo mi amor, refused to go anywhere. He was tired from riding with his friends the day before.

So the 3 stooges set out for Camp 5 at One Utama. I havent set foot in Camp 5 in a long long while....but fortunately I was a life member. We opted for the taster session as it has been aeons since we'd climbed and  it was already 3pm anyway.

Is didnt feel too good so he decided to sit out and snap some pictures instead. so it was just Izet and I. Of course I was the 'youngest from the top'.... as usual.... 

starting

up up & away
come on!


upper most, phew!

We warmed up on the 25 meter wall. Izet and I managed to climb up and down without much problem because we were gripping onto hand holds of any color - we didnt have to think nor worry much. But....then we had to go down to where the height was about 50 meters and the wall more upright!!

using blue only
the thrill of overtaking
overtaken.......
not so gracefully coming down
Alamak..... we were told to only use hand holds of one color to climb up with. Going up was a struggle. But overtaking another climber was kinda thrilling! Coming down was of course another story la. It wasnt as easy. Higgledy piggledy I went down. I'll probably be black and blue by tomorrow :)

Izet on auto belay
Izet at the top
Then we progressed to trying out the traversing wall - by then, both our tongues were hanging out. After a few struggles we gave up. Thank goodness the camera ran out of battery so our bulging muscles couldnt be snapped... he he...

Is was starving so after checking ourselves out of Camp 5 we went to Secret Recipe to fill up our bellies.....


Wall climbing sure is a good way to improve our appetites ha ha and ha .....

No comments:

Post a Comment